What is red light therapy?
Red light therapy (RLT) is a treatment that uses low wavelength red light to reportedly improve your skin’s appearance. It’s also touted to treat other medical conditions.
Other names you might hear to describe red light therapy include:
- Biostimulation, photonic stimulation.
- Photobiomodulation and phototherapy.
Red light therapy may work in skin health to:
- Stimulate collagen production, which gives skin its structure, strength and elasticity.
- Increase fibroblast production, which makes collagen. Collagen is a component of connective tissue that builds skin.
- Increase blood circulation to the tissue.
- Reduce inflammation in cells.
Red light therapy is promoted as a treatment for some common skin conditions, including to:
- Improve wound healing.
- Reduce stretch marks
- Reduce wrinkles, fine lines and age spots.
- Improve facial texture.
- Improve psoriasis, rosacea and eczema.
- Improve scars.
- Improve sun-damaged skin.
- Improve hair growth in people with androgenic alopecia.
- Improve acne.
Lightstim is an FDA approved medical device to treat:
- Wrinkles: Reduce and eliminate fine lines and wrinkles. Maintain your skin’s youthful appearance. Nourish your skin from within.
- Acne: Discover your clearest skin possible without harsh chemicals or a multistep routine. Treat mild to moderate acne, calm existing breakouts and restore your skin’s healthy appearance.
- Pain : Soothe your tired muscles, aches and pains. Increase blood circulation and recover faster. Relieve arthritic, muscle and joint pain naturally.